Thursday, April 11, 2013

Spinnnnn

Last night, my sis and I went to the gym for our Spin classes that we've been neglecting. It was for real, amazeballs!!!
Spin is such a great work out, and intensely hard (depending upon your teacher) and more often then not, you are biking like 20 km in an hour!
It's AWESOME! Our spin teacher Erin is also amazing, she is just super energetic and is a blast to have at the front of the class.

This class was a little more full. There's normally about 5 older guys who bike like crazy! They come to spin mainly through the winter cause during the summer they are on their road bikes. Then there's some random college stragglers who come too! It's a pretty random group of people, but it's always fun!
Yesterday, I had this interesting encounter with the guy sitting beside me. He repeatedly kept saying "fuck" during our sprints and hills. I was having a really hard time containing my laughter, I'll admit it! It was just so random... Then his seat clip slipped and his seat sunk to the lowest level... and it was "What the fuck!!" The whole class giggled... although he did not, find this funny.
Sorry bout your junk bro!

Alllllll day, I was waiting for this class. I was so pumped to go and pound out some time on the bikes.

(Although I was not looking forward to how sore my crotch muscles would be today.. Oooowwwiiieee!)

I think I was angry at myself all day (still working on the satisfied), so working out morphed me into someone else! Yipppeee!
And I came home a happy camper!

 
#flexbreak

I & K (brother and sister in law) are living with me at the moment... long story short, there was a flood in their apartment... so we're all cozied up in my place for the time being! So when K and I got home from Spin, I had dinner all prepped and ready for divulging! and it was divine after an hour at the gym.... YUMMM!

Ground turkey, peppers, asparagus, penne and some cheese! mmmmmm!
 
 

The common comment when I talk with people about self confidence and weight loss and finding love, is that you really need to "love you" before someone else can love you. Loving me... interesting. That means so much more than I could have ever imagined.
Ever.

Almost two years ago now, I was in love. Full on love. Was set on marrying this guy.
Wanted to spend the rest of my life with him and make adorable little babies.

SCREEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Just kidding. The universe had a different plan.
(You can read the story about my slap in the face here.)
Sitting where I am in this moment. I'm pouring out so much grateful-ness (not a word? hmm. whatev.)
I am feeling extremely grateful that I got slapped.
So hard.
But Thank you sweet 8 pound, 9 oz baby jesus! (I have no idea how much "he/she" weighed...)

I'm living for me. I'm living independently.
I can honestly say, there are days of the week that I ACTUALLY love myself.
I do NOT shower in the dark anymore. (que tears streaming down my face)
I can look at myself in the mirror and truly know that I deserve good things.
And I'm gunna get em.

I never imagined that I would be 22, working full time, and starting a healthy life...
It blows me away that I almost gave away all of this to be with someone who didn't help me shine.
I am shiny! :) I love to BE shiny.

Ima keep on shining peeps!
And you should too!
XO






2 comments:

  1. Lauren! You are one of the best things to come into our lives after Sophie. All of us Fulfords love you soooo much. You rock my world girl <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still ridiculously blog challenged and just found this!
      Thanks Jodi! *tear*
      I love ms Sophie and the Fulfords like my own family!

      XO

      Delete