Monday, March 4, 2013

Hi my name is Lauren, and I love myself.

Something that I truly believe in, is positive affirmation.
Ya need to have a clean, positive mindset in order to experience happiness and goodness in your life.

I started writing little post it notes, or with window writers on my mirrors... just little reminders throughout my home of things that I loved about myself.
It was hard at first. My first post it note said "shoulders". I like my shoulders. But hey! It was something I actually liked about myself.



Something I say often to myself is, "I decide..." So, I decide if I'm happy, sad, angry, flustered, confused...
When you put that into perspective. You get to wake up every day and decide how your day will be. Somedays I try on something new... today I'm trying out satisfied.

When I did my personal development work, I gained a lot of power. I realized I'd also been wasting a lot of that power and energy on things that, in the bigger picture, meant eff all. From then on, I've been trying to put my positive energy in front. There was a time when I was so focussed on being this positive image that I wasn't dealing with the things that were truly bothering me because I thought I had to be positive. That's not what I'm saying.
Please listen to the emotions that you're body is feeling. Trust that you're going through this. It's important to feel it all. All I'm saying is don't sit in the muck of negativity too long. Give yourself a while to feel what you're feeling, then decide to move from that space.

It's truly something that takes practice. Once you start to listen to yourself, trust yourself and open up to the idea of a positive space... it's amazing what aligns for you!

Create that for yourself!
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment