Wednesday, March 13, 2013

sometimes I just shake my head... at myself

In my last post I mentioned that I was on crutches right now....
I swear I'm a disaster waiting to happen... if it's not one thing with me, it's another. 

My best friend and I just got home from California! We had this trip planned for almost a year, and were anxiously awaiting a Feb 16 departure date! 
Well, on the trip I began to experience extreme foot pain... as luck would have it, after coming home and getting checked out, I tore two ligaments in my foot! 
So, I'm on crutches, waiting for this thing to heal. Did I ever mention that I'm realllllllly stubborn?? Well I am, and boy is it showing. 
Let's just say, that you basically need someone with you 24/7 to help you with everything. Well not everything, I'm being dramatic... but most things. 
Like hey, after your WW meeting, you go grab a coffee to bring back home with you before you start your day. And you wait in this horrendous line up because you don't want to crutch into the Tim's and not be able to crutch back out with it... (foreshadowing...) You finally get home, pull into your parking spot, go to get out of the car and realize that you can't carry the coffee upstairs anyways... 
Yeah, so there I am... sitting in my parkade, drinking my coffee. 
I was SO frustrated.

anyways... moving on, I'm letting that go!
As I'm somewhat out of commison I'm learning that my body is giving me the stop hand. I need to slow down, take a breather and just surrender to it. It's been a tough couple of weeks (ahem... cause I'm stubborn) but I feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! YIPPEEEEE!

In other news, I'm signing up for my doula certification this month! and I can't wait to get that underway! These past few weeks I've had an overwhelming feeling of hopelessness. Like I'm not going anywhere. I feel like I've stalled and am stuck in the mud. Today I finally feel like if I'm going to be stuck in the mud, I might as well have fun and make a pie! Right? I just made that up as I typed... who knows...

And for a little giggle..................

 
 
Cheers to Wednesday, bitches!!!!!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment