Tuesday, March 5, 2013

What do you wanna be when you grow up?

I mentioned in a previous post that I am no longer in school.
And MAN and I happy about that.

I was in school for no reason. I was there because I thought I was supposed to be. I picked something that I had interest in, but not something I truly wanted.
I was on my way to be a teacher. The reason I chose to go for my BofEd, was because I wanted to give kids what I never had growing up. And that was support in the school system.
I still want that for kids, especially my future ones. But I wasn't passionate enough to spend my whole life doing that.

SO here I am... working full time for the time being. I will admit that I do miss school, but not enough to be doing something for nothing.
When I no longer *ahem* went to school (I avoid saying "kicked out" or "required to withdraw"), I was mortified. I kept thinking I failed.
In reality, I failed myself. I wasn't being true to myself.
Confession time: Raise your hand if you're a people pleaser! Once again... both hands are flyin high!
I was in school for everyone else, not me. First mistake.

SO what do I want to be when I grow up? I want to be AWESOME... really though, I don't know yet. I know that I'm going to take my doula certification. And perhaps get a business diploma and be my own boss somewhere down the road. For right now though, I'm just going to be me. I'm going to rock at being independant, self confident and a kick ass receptionist!

I'll figure out the rest later!

Maybe one day, I'll have my name on one of these...
I'll just keep dreaming ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment