Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I couldn't have said it better...

There are somethings that I would never want to admit... but sometimes, when you find someone that speaks about the same troubles that you've been facing it makes you feel stronger to admit things.

Mama Laughlin and Skinny Megs are two women from Dallas Texas who had inspired me to write about my weight loss journey and who has motivated my butt straight to the gym. These two women are UNREAL. I am in awe of them both. I often find myself reading their posts, laughing, crying, smiling at what they've written for the day. Both of them have overcome major weight challenges and struggles and continue to keep on moving. The day I found these blogs, was the day I promised myself I was going to change.

Today, on Mama Laughlin's blog, she wrote about how she wanted to be anorexic. Every, and I mean EVERY word she wrote about her feelings and sturggles with the desire for an eating disorder is how I felt. I'll be honest, I've googled it before, I've looked for tips on how to become anorexic or bulimic. One thing that always snapped me back into reality, is that I could NEVER put my family/friends through the pain of seeing me deteriorate to bones and eventually dust. Then, I started to think about how unhealthy and unhappy I would be in turn. So all in all, I've never really had an eating disorder.
But my realtionship with food, is unhealthy, and I still feel like it is an "eating disorder".

Please go to Mama Laughlin's page and give her some love for putting this out there for women/men to read and feel like they are not alone. While you're at it... hit up Skinny Megs too! Share the love y'all!

Love!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

http://www.mamalaughlin.com/2013/03/i-wanted-to-be-anorexic.html

http://missmadisonscharmedlife.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment