Wednesday, July 31, 2013

I Surrender.

I recently did a intriguing little survey that SkinnyMeg had posted about what we think we look like VS what our body size really is.
My results were somewhat surprising...
Considering my self image battles and the ability my mind has, I knew I would be a little off.
But what I was not expecting, was where I would be placed...

Here are my results:


25% smaller than I think.
That was surprising.

Later on the same day, I went to a yoga class where the yogi told me to "surrender"...
And for some reason it stuck to me.
The word doesn't strike me as negative.
It makes me feel calm, at ease.
The word surrender to me, means peace.
So I thought I'd try it on.
I surrender.

I'm surrendering to the negative self talk.
I've come to the point where I'm starting to feel so grateful for my body and the many changes that it's adapted through over my 20+ years.
I'm surrendering to the idea of perfection.
Whose to say that perfection can't mean what we are in this moment?
I'm surrendering to the overwhelming presence that the media has in my life.
I don't want to constantly compare myself to others.
I surrender.

It feels SO good to let it go.
To breathe a deep sigh of relief.
I feel as though this "journey" "path" "lesson" whatever you want to call it...
Try to surrender, lovelies.
I want you to feel this peace inside you.


2 comments:

  1. Can you post the link for the Boday Image thing?? I can't find it on her page :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Monica,
    here's the link darlin!
    Thanks for reading!

    http://www.marisota.co.uk/shop/page?pageId=7758&cm_sp=FSP+SS13+Freeformat-_-Marisota+World-_-Size+Wise

    ReplyDelete