Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Why I chose WW & Mini Goal Setting

Hi Everyone... I'm still alive I promise.
A few of you have sent me text messages, emails etc asking WTF Lauren!!
This new job has been killer on me!
It's so so busy. But I love it!

Anywho,
I've still been running, eating (pretty healthy), and battling the devil that is the negative.
I had a request for a topic a week ago *(Sorry it's taken so long, Marla!)
Why did I chose Weight Watchers?
My best friend, Natalya started on weight watchers about a year ago.
Her success was overwhelming... she is such a dedicated person, so the pounds quickly came off.
It was when I saw her success that I decided I wanted that for myself too!
Originally, I started by going every week to a meeting in Spruce Grove with her... then I decided, this is silly.
There was a weight watcher's right down the street from me in the city.
So I branched out.
It took me a while to find my niche, the perfect leader, and group of people that I wanted to surround myself with.
I chose WW because it works.
It's simple. As long as you follow the plan and stick with it.
Accountability is huge... and I'm soooo the person who thinks that if no one saw me eat it... It didn't happen.
That's why I got to be as large as I was.

Weight Watchers can be an online tool, or you can attend weekly meetings where you weigh in.
I, knowing myself, knew that I wouldn't stick with it online.
So I chose a Saturday morning meeting. 8:30 am.
I never usually go out Friday nights anyways... and this gives me an excuse to not go to Junk Food hell on Friday nights... "I've got to weigh in tomorrow... don't throw it all away for one night out..."
My leader Pam quickly became the reason I loved my meetings so much.
She was inspiring, motivating, hilarious and not to mention loving and just down right sweet.
I couldn't stay away.
There are a lot of people in that meeting whom I think of during the week when I'm struggling, and think about how proud they'll be when I tell them I made it through a tough week.
Everyone supports each other... Hell we even have a Facebook group!
WOOO! Pounds Down with Pam!
I'm so truly grateful for finding these beautiful souls to share my weight journey with, as well as my Saturday mornings.

Lately, I've been thinking about how I can't wait to get to my goal weight.
That number rings in my head a few times a day, what I'll look like, how I'll feel.
It's always been a fear of mine that I'll get to goal weight and it'll never be enough.
That I won't be satisfied... I try not to think about this, and moreso just be proud of where I'm at.
But lately, I can't help but feel like I'm too focussed on the final number.
I feel like I'm so determined to get there, that I'm not really enjoying the ride...
I used to fake sick on the days that we had to run laps in gym class.
Now I pound out 9.5km on a Sunday morning for fun!
I need to enjoy that.
Instead of focussing on the final number... I'm going to focus on NSV.
NSV = Non Scale Victory

So, two NSV's I'd like to share:
~ Obviously running that 9.5km and crushing the river valley stairs
~ almost 2 weeks of looking in the mirror and not hating myself. I actually felt beautiful.
This was a huge one for me. There were quite a few years that I wasn't able to look at myself in the mirror without it leading to a depression... I'm really proud.

Sorry I haven't been around much y'all!
I promise to keep making more of an effort to write more often.

Friday's blog post is going to be dedicated to three people I love VERY much!
Happy Hump Day, humpers!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment