Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pay it Forward

Y'all! Mama Laughlin has a very touching story on her blog today relating to paying it forward.
Go check that out here... http://www.mamalaughlin.com/2013/09/pay-it-forward-mighty-warrior-gideon.html

While you are here though...
I've got one of my own!

I work with a lady, Tammy, whom I adore. I know I haven't been in this job very long, but she is sweet, hilarious, and so warm and welcoming!
She is a really kind soul and I always here of her giving to others when they need it.
Tammy just told me this afternoon, that her sister has Ovarian Cancer.
Tammy has 5 children, and on a daily basis comes into work at 6 am, works full time (and HARD! at that!) Her sister, as well has teenage kids, her husband works full time and they are all battling this difficult disease with Tammy's sister.

When Tammy came to me today, she told me that about 2 weeks ago, they received news that it was not going to end well.
This was the same result Tammy and her sister had with their Mom.
She told me she hasn't given up hope!! They are going to fightt to the very end.

My heart is breaking for this family.
While I don't know all the circumstances or details... I feel like I can help.
And hopefully, some of you guys can too!
So here's the deal:

I am looking for support in the following ways:
1. Send positive thoughts, love and light, and a ton of gratitude to Tammy, her sister and their Families! This is just as important of any of the below!
2. If you can, I'm going to try and organize a few meals to give to Tammy as well as her sister's family. If this interests you and you can, please let me know!
3. If you don't cook/don't like cooking/are scared of your cooking, I will be setting up a little fund for Tammy to give to her sister for house cleaning, meals or whatever they might need!
4. If you pray, pray! This is just as important as any of the above.

**UPDATE:
Tammy thinks the best things for her sister, husband and boys would be the basics.
Lasagna, Chili, Soups - any sort of freezer meals!
Also, money towards a Molly Maid gift card, or a grocery gift card is another idea!

Lets make this awesome!
I can't wait for Tammy to surprise her sister and family!

Pass this on people!

No comments:

Post a Comment