Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Canmore Rocky Mountain 5k, 10k, && half marathon

The last few weeks, my weigh in's haven't been the greatest.
I've been struggling with temptations, but consistent in my work-outs.
To say I was frustrated, is an understatement.
But, Saturday morning, I broke that streak.
I lost 4.0 lbs!
I'm so proud of myself for not giving up... for still trying to reach what I want!

In a previous post, I talked about my little man, Gavin!
Sunday was run day... I woke up at 3:45, stumbled to the bathroom to brush my teeth and throw up my hair.
I got all my bags ready to go, only to find that my Dad was showered and ready to go with me!
It was a nice surprise.
Both of my parents have always made sure to be our biggest cheerleaders!
My mom couldn't quite make it, but it was really great to have someone there to watch me finish.

The Canmore Rocky Mountain Half Marathon is such a great race!
There were thousands of people lined up to run on Sunday.
The place was packed, from runners, to volunteers, to massage therapists!
It was awesome!
Suddenly, being awake at 3:45 didn't matter anymore!
I was ready to kick some butt. The run wasn't my best, and it wasn't what I had hoped.
But, everyone has bad runs.
I was just really proud of myself for even running.
A few months ago, I would have never thought I would be here... pounding pavement and actually enjoying it.
I thought about G the whole time looking at the gorgeous scenery around me.
I'm pretty damn lucky.

Here's some photos from my weekend!
This week is going to be surprise posts... : )


Getting a little nervous for the run... 

beautiful scene on the drive there

Juls and I before the race

The Cheerleader and I

After the race... like a boss!

No comments:

Post a Comment