Friday, October 18, 2013

When your body knows you better...

Thursdays are run days with Natalya.
We've been REALLY committed for a while know and I know we both push and motivate each other to keep going.
There are days where I wish we could just sit on the couch and watch KUWTK or Gilmore Girls instead, but we've never NOT gone.
I run 2 other times during the week. I also do Zumba and Hot Yoga.
Every day last week, and everyday this week, I've walked 3.6km including two sets of stairs during each walk.
I am tired... and my glutes HURT... but, I feel so successful.
I don't even care if I lose weight or not this week.
What's important to me, is that I am moving, so much more than I ever have been.
And I feel great.
Just cause I gotta show it off... these pants were purchased maybe two weeks ago... and they are now too big! BAZINGA!


Last night, was no different.
I drove out to Stony Plain, dressed in my fall run clothes (which might I add is so much better than summer running!) and Natalya and I set out on our run.
We have a 10km next weekend, so we've been slowly... just kidding - we've jumped from 6km to 9km pretty quick!
I'm SO proud of the both of us.
I knew last night, that we were in for a long run.
And I wasn't scared. I was excited, cause I know I can now.
My glutes were killing me from stairs so when I got home from work, I quickly foam rolled out my IT band and my glutes for a little lee way.
It felt amazing! I didn't feel ANY pain during my run.
Invest, peeps! They rock!
We finished strong at 1 hour and 10 minutes (including our walking warm up in the beginning) = 9.5km.
We stood in the kitchen making dinner together and I giggled out loud...
I told Natalya - it's crazy to me that we just go out and do 9.5km and then just make dinner as if nothing just happened.
There was a point in time where we struggled to move.
And, now... My body knows me better... my body knows I can do it...
Somedays, I just have to convince my mind!




Julia sent this to me last night.
I'm not sure if she knows how touched it makes me feel when other people can feel and see how I've changed over the past little while.
I LOVE this. Because it is me.
And it'll continue to be me!


DISNEYWORLD 2014


Move this weekend people, no matter how small.
Start with a 15 min walk, do a few extra flights of stairs... eat something new, cook something new!
Get your lifestyle healthy, cause I want you all around for WAYYYY longer!
MUAH! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment