Monday, October 28, 2013

When you accomplish something you never thought you could...

Happy Monday, beauties!
I am Bruised, I am Exhausted, I am PROUD.

This weekend, I moved from my two-bedroom penthouse apartment, to a cozy, adorable humble abode.
I also ran my first 10km with my Best Friend in the world!
This weekend, I was brought to tears more than once.

Friday night, one of my dearest and greatest friends came over for a much over-due visit.
Miss Jana is one of my favourite people in my life.
Natalya and Jana share a lot of the same qualities... which is why I love them both SO much.
Jana grounds me, pushes me, enlightens me... and majority of the time, calls me on my shit.
She is honest, loving, compassionate, determined and unbelievably giving. I <3 Jana, and if you knew her, you would too!
I really needed this visit with her, we both are so similar. It's really neat to listen to her speak to me, because she knows exactly what's happening up in the old thinker! And vise-versa!



Saturday morning, I hit my weigh in... I told Pam I didn't want to weigh in.
I was so stressed and anxious about the move on the weekend that my eating wasn't very good.
And I can feel it. Even today.
I still exercised, but had very little energy to push myself during my work outs.
Turns out - I was still down 0.8.
Better than a gain! ; )

I went back to my apartment to start moving boxes to my new place.
Thankfully, my AMAZING-HANDSOME-LOVING-WONDERFUL-HOLYSHIT-YOU'RETHEBEST- brother came and put a major dent into moving with me.
We got A LOT done Saturday night... My lovely sister in law and Dad came and helped us out later in the afternoon. I could kiss their feet, I am so grateful!
My sis made a delicious pasta dinner for me to carb load on for my run.
Then... she did THE BEST thing possible... she ran me a bath!
I can't sing Hallelujah any louder!
She has a large bear-claw bathtub... and I was in HEAVEN.


I went home to a very empty (old) apartment and crashed FAST.
When I woke up the next morning, I ran to my other apartment (tough life huh? Two apartments ; )
I made myself some peanut butter toast, gulped down 24oz. of water and headed to the U to meet Natalya for my run.
It had snowed, so we were bundled up for it.
But what we hadn't anticipated were a few steep-tough hills...
But we conquered it!
1 hour and 12 minutes later, Natalya and I crossed the finish line after high-fiving each other!
My brother and Dad were standing there taking photos, and so was Natalya's Dad.
I could have cried - except I'd already had a little teary episode during the race.
It's indescribable. I can't ever explain the feeling.
But it is, emotional, empowering, motivational and inspiring when you kick your own ass into gear.
No one has gotten us here... except each other.
There is no one I would rather be with, than my best friend. 
We've come so far from where we were, and I couldn't have done any of it without her.



The rest of Sunday - was moving!
Once again, my family pulled through for me and got me all settled into my new place.
Later that night, James met me and we went to The National Elevator Project downtown.
Coolest theatre experience!!!
Part two is next year and I'm stoked!


My weekend reminded me that lately, I've been accomplishing things I never thought I would.
I'm working towards goals, I thought impossible.
I'm surrounded by love and support & goodness.
And I'm VERY grateful and blessed that you are all in my life!



1 comment:

  1. you are so inspirational lauren. thank you.

    ReplyDelete