Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A late weekend recap, Happy Monday, Tuesday annnndddd HUMP DAY!

Hi friends :)
I'm a little behind on the blogging. (what else is new?)

HUMP DAY!!!!!!!!

This past weekend, I went to Hot Yoga! #namaste
I got kicked out of my apartment for an afternoon. #showingscansuckit
I went to one of the BEST birthday's... #minutetowinit
&&&
I participated in the CIBC Run for the Cure. #f*@!cancer

My sister in law turned 26!!! For about 3 years now, she has been trying to have a Minute to Win it themed birthday party... for the past 2 years, she has gotten very sick and had to cancel.
This year, it happened!
It was such a blast, and I think every party I go to from now on MUST have a task for people to complete in order to be allowed into the party.
That's Legit!

{Minute to Win it, Mrs. Stephenson style}













Sunday was the annual CIBC Run for the Cure... every year I'm just so disappointed in the fact that I own NOTHING pink. I need to get my shit together.
This year, we ran it! Like true runners!
I was super disappointed in the warm up that was put on... Grams could do a better warm up than these Body by Bennett people #lamesauce #loveyagrams
I finished somewhere around 31 minutes! Kick Ass! That's my fastest yet.
I LOVE this run. It's always so amazing to look around and see so many people around running for the same thing.
I somehow held myself together this year and didn't cry like I normally do... don't worry, I'm going to the doctor for a check up on Thursday.

{Best Friends & Sisters LOVE Boobs!}




Monday night was a pretty emotional one for me.
Every now and again, I feel like something slaps me or pinches me and I realize how far I've come.
I sometimes re-read journals and can't believe that I ever felt so empty and lost.
Monday, all day, I knew I needed to hit the pavement. And I actually wanted to.
I did come home, second guess my motivation and almost had myself convinced... but I went anyways.
I thought "Just a little one... who cares how far, just go."
I can distinctly remember (plus I've written about it in a journal...) about this one time that I went for a run. I came home (quickly...) collapsed on the floor (10 minutes of running will do that to ya) and sobbed. I laid in my kitchen, sobbing for quite a while.
I wanted so badly to run from my apartment, across the high level bridge & back.
But I couldn't.
I was so mad. Everything jiggled, everything hurt, and I could barely breathe.
I was mad that I was like that.
That I ran by a mirror and saw what other people were seeing... A fat girl.
Monday night... I got dressed, put on my runners and ran out the door.
I started out towards the high level bridge... I ran across it. I ran past it, I ran to a beautiful spot across the river that you can see Downtown lit up at night. Then I ran back.
And I cried.
6.64km's. A random Monday night. "Just a little one..."


I didn't believe in myself.
I used to self sabotage.
I used to believe that I was unworthy.
Like I deserved nothing.
I treated myself like the dirt on the bottom of a shoe.
Now?
Now I am stronger.
I speak gently and gracefully. (most times)
I am worthy.
I deserve everything I work for.
I treat myself, like my beautiful best friend.
And I, refuse to give up on myself.





{Believe & You'll Succeed} 


No comments:

Post a Comment