Thursday, October 31, 2013

The dating world && a progress photo

When Guy and I broke up... I was super weirded out by the whole online dating thing...
WTF is it? How does it work? And will I end up dead in a ditch?
But then again, how else do you meet people?
You either leave it up to chance... which I realllllly suck at.
Or you go to a bar, and sift through all the losers who only want one thing! (Sorry Dad...)

I didn't like either choice.
But I didn't want to online date either.
The obvious free choices weren't really my thing...
So I decided to try a paid site...
So far... So NOT good...

I've been faced with a few special cases... some of my favorite have been:

"Yeah, I went on a date with a girl once, and she casually slid into conversation that she had herpes. Needless to say, I have herpes..."
Followed with, "Wanna go back to your place?"
----- OBVIOUS answer here, pal.
**SMACK MY HEAD**

Next up: Back story... met him twice...
Third conversation when I explained to him that I wasn't really feeling chemistry between us, he told me I was "stuck in high school" felt I had played mind games and said I needed to grow up. THEN:
"I hope I find someone like you. You are a great girl. I'm just so sad that you won't be Carter's mom."
~Que Adele getting stuck in your head...
PS. Carter's a dog.....

There have been a few other gems. Nothing story worthy.
I'm matched with REALLY random ass people.
Sometimes I feel compatible... and other times (*A guy in a fishing hat standing in Wal-Mart as his first photo.... **SMH again*) I REALLY wonder where they find these people.

{ps: if you thought the Wal-Mart photo may have been a joke... it wasn't. It was captioned "Out and About with Mom for groceries." Just No.}

All I'm saying is... COME ON UNIVERSE. Give a girl a break.
I want a large field with guys/girls who just want in your pants on one side, and guys/girls who want a relationship with you on the other.
All the "in your pants" peeps can get to it!
All the other peeps, can meet people who are like minded!
I mean, WHY... WHY would you PAY MONEY to get on a website... when you can get that on 118 ave?
WHY!?
This is how I feel about dating. #uhthankyoujlaw




--RANT OVER--


Progress:
I've been making some progress.
And I'm really freakin proud!
Left is May, Right is October:


I'm looking to get going on some ab toning and trying something new.
My bestie just tried out a 30 minute Hit class.
You get pink boxing gloves, which is mainly why I wanna go... just sayin'
I'm also doing Zumba Ab's Sundays... YOU SHOULD COME.
2G Fitness! DO it.

I'm taking tips from the famous Mama Laughlin with clean eating... this Sunday I'll be whipping up some yummy stuff! (Thank god for pay day!!) 

Happy Halloween!
XO
Love, Minnie





1 comment:

  1. I was creeping your instagram like a creep and it led me to your blog, and you are the real deal, yo.

    ReplyDelete