Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Nails done, hurrr done, errrythang diiiiddd

I'm channeling my inner "g"...

Alright alright... I know I'm gettin THAT look...

So, today's post is on my lovely self... cause I be deemed beautiful by the lovely Hannah! And she wanted some tips!
Hair, and makeup:

My AMAZEBALLS hair dresser - Shout Out to mah home gurl Hammer!!! - Got me started with Kevin Murphy products.

I'm uh-besssssed with Kevin Murphy hair products...
I start out with a Revlon leave in conditioner


Brush through my nauuuggghhhtttyyyy hair

Throw in some non oil volumizer










Blow dry straight (which means semi curled and freakin' poofy!!!)

Whilst cooling down from the blow dry session... which takes a good 20-30 minutes, I apply muh face!
I'm going to step by step it, as if I'm going out or need to look extra special...

I use Arbonne - Shout out to mah otha home gurl Pammmmmm!!!
I start off with a daily mositurizer - Aveeno for this sensitive childs face : ( womp womp...

Then, I pump out a tinsie tiny little blomb of primer... spread that shiz on yo face!

Next up - dab some concealer with my middle finger over any red marks...
Now, I'm not tooting my own horn here, but I rarely have something enormous that needs concealer on my face... what I DO have is, the dreaded bags under my eyes...





Next up, I pump SPF 15, Honey Beige liquid foundation onto my fingers... I spread this straight back into my ears, down into my neck and into my hair line to make sure that I don't get any lines and it's spread evenly.


I open up my brush set from Arbonne - THE BEST brushes I've used in my life!












I use the powder brush to lightly brush over my powdered foundation so I don't get shiny!
** Always brush down, or else the peach fuzz on your face will stand up right at attention! **

If I'm heading out for drinks, an event, or a date (RAREEEE!)
I'll throw on a light dusting of bronzer... I start at my forehead, run the brush to my temple, swiftly brushing over my cheek twice, then down under my chin bone. (It's like an easy way of contouring without contouring... I don't ask questions, a makeup artist taught me these tricks and I listen!)


I use Pur Minerals blush... I love the palette and I love the light glimmer that it has.
I haven't decided if I'll switch to Arbonne's when I run out... #firstworldproblems

I dust a bit of blush over the highest point of my cheek bones, back to my temple.








I color in my eyebrows with Toffee eye liner from Arbonne.











Then, if I'm going to put eye shadow on, I most often brush a ivory over the eyebrow bone.
Then add in a smokey color into the crease of my eye.

Curl dem eye lashes up high, throw on some They're Real Black mascara and I'm done zoooo!

Back to my hair:

I spritz in some Kevin Murphy heat protection prodcut.



Straighten in layers.
Then, I start the teasing process (this doesn't happen everyday...)
Dribble some powder volumizer into my scalp...












Teased to Jesus. #done.
Smooth over any excess frizzy-ness with Moroccan Oil! #lifesaver












Ehhh Voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment