Tuesday, February 26, 2013

werkin it

Since May of last year, I've been on a weight loss journey. I've always struggled with my weight. Went through the horrible teenage years of people making fun of me, looking at my weight before my personality and had many a guys influence me to the point of me making poor eating choices and starving myself so they would love me more... I'm WAY smarter now. At least I'd like to think so.

I've started to think about everything I've put into my body and I've also noticed how uneblieveabley GREAT I feel when I eat well. It makes a huge difference on my body. I'm not so focused on watching the number drop on the scale (although it's nice to see ;) but I'm trying to listen to what my body tells me.

Confession time: Raise your hand if you're an emotional eater.
Even though you can't see it... BOTH of my hands are flyin' high in the air right now.

This is something I am reallllly struggling with.
I've mastered the guilt trip after I've eaten a bag of peanut butter m&m's. But I just can't seem to get myself to stop.
I even have the thought,
        "What are you doing? You'e gunna be pissed at yourself.. don't do ittttttt!!!!!"
But it still happens. Over. And Over. Again & Again.

The way I look at it, I'm somewhat aware. I'm working on it. I'm doing the best I can do and hopefully one day, I'll eliminate emotional eating all together.

Until then, I'm committed to choosing a healthy lifestyle for myself. I've been on weight watchers for a few months now. The plan works. It REALLY works. As long as you stick to it, keep tracking and be accountable. The best thing you can do is be honest with yourself. Just because no one is there when you eat the chocolate bar, doesn't mean it's not going to change things.

I'm also learning to love running... like actually love it. Never thought I'd say it, but there it is!

At the end of the day, all we have is ourselves. We are responsible for the choices we make.
I don't know about y'all...
But I want to choose healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment