Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Family time is better when it's forced!

Hi Friends,
I'm lacking on posting lately.
I've been busy getting ready for Julia's wedding and really have nothing thats worth posting.
I'm taking off Thursday night, and I am already vibrating in my chair.

See, I LOVE to fly. Anything to do with airports and flights. I'm THERE.
I don't know what it is, but I just adore it.
I really want to go one Christmas with a coffee and just watch people be reunited with their families.
So I'd be the crazy ass lady, sitting with a Timmy's, crying my face off, staring at you.
That wouldn't be weird right?

Anyways,
My living room looks like my closet blew up.
But nicely blew up, like it's all in neat little piles.
Shorts, pants, leggings, t-shirts, cami's, long sleeves, running gear, bridesmaid outfit... you get the idea.
Also in my suit case, is my mother's Wedding Hat.
My Mom and Dad were married in 1984, just celebrated 29 years of marriage.
Julia's Mom, my auntie Linny, also wore a wedding hat when her and my Uncle Pete were married.
Julia and I decided that we would wear these amazing hats out on the night of her bachelorette to pay tribute to this fashion statement.
So check. us. out...



However, this weekend, was a blast!!!
We drove up Friday night to FM to see my parents.
Seriously, I've never seen so much rain in my life. It rained the whole way there, all day Saturday, all morning Sunday and the whoooollleeee way home.
But that didn't stop the Stephenson's/1 adopted kid.
On Saturday morning, I weighed in (Down 2.0 lbs, BOOO YEA!), then mom and I went for a coffee together and took a little drive.
the size of the line for Coffee.. boooo!!!
When we got home, everyone was just waking up.
So they all made some breakfast and hung out for a bit.
I decided that the rain wasn't stopping me, so I ran.
MOFO's... I RAN... Check it...

There's defs something wrong with the pace there...
 

After that, I got dressed and ready and we headed out to the Discovery Centre.
WOOOP WOOOPP!!!!
It was actually informative, but if you gave me a test today, I would fail.
Still though, it was pretty neat.
We got to drive a simulator 797... Which is a giant ass truck. Pretty cool, Friends!

Karrone and I in the simulator
Karrone in a 1 ton bucket, these things are now 60 tons.
 

When we got home, we made pizza's and dispersed throughout the house for naps, book reading, and TV watching.

And puppy cuddles
 
My Dad fired up the BBQ (one of my favorite parts of coming home, is Dad's cooking and Mom's cuddles... I didn't just admit it though)
We had steak, shrimp and delicious salads!
Then we dove into the wine... played some outdoor lawn games in our basement and watched a movie at midnight.

Basically, I'm just saying... I love my family.
No matter what we get into, there's always a few laughs.
We have our ups and downs, we argue, we pick... but bottom line.
I love em. All of em. Especially our fur baby.
Hug em tight friends, you never know!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment