Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Holiday Wrap Up!

I have so many thoughts running through my mind tonight...
I'm cuddled closely with the family fur baby. Thankfully she's been with me for a week while my parents deservingly hit the beaches of Mexico.
The same day they left, my best friend and her family took off to Orlando for vacation.
I've had ample opportunity to think, be silent & relax over the holidays that I actually welcomed going back to work.
Odd.

This Christmas was amazing. Every year it is.
But this one was special. We had our family of 5 + fur baby in my brother's first home.
We're a totally normal family. We get on each other's nerves, we get frustrated & say things we don't mean. But we really love each other.
I am SO proud of my brother & sister in law for hosting us all this Christmas. Mainly because they have created a really "warm" home.
I ended up squatting there for most of the week - it was really nice to be around everyone, even though I had to work. It was nice to wake up to a house filled with people I love.
I've done a really great job of learning to love the home I created & being alone, if I say so myself.
But there's still moments that I really wish I shared them with someone. That I could wake up to another human in the mornings.
Someone to hug & talk with when I get home from work. It'll come someday soon, I hope.
But for the holidays, this was the best gift my siblings could give to me. Waking up in a warm house, filled with people I love. It was the greatest feeling.

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel" ~ Maya Angelou
This couldn't be more true.

The feeling that I get when my brother tells me he's proud of me, the feeling I get when my sister in law tells me she loves me, the feeling I get when my mom runs her fingers through my hair as I rest my head on her chest, the feeling I get when my dad calls me little muffin, the feeling I get when my best friend and I laugh so hard when we first wake up after a night of Gilmore girls, the feeling I get when Penny rests her head on my chin.
The feeling I got when I woke up Christmas morning, in a house filled with people I love, next to a warm fireplace made my Christmas.

Then there's New Year's Eve.
A lot happened in 2013. I grew up a little more, and hopefully I'll grow up a lot more this year too!
I woke up this morning thinking of 2014 as just another day with a different number.
I made some goals & dreams for the year, most things I knew I would attain.
2014 will be amazing, because I'll create it to be.
I'm running a half marathon in 50 days, and I'll probably run half marathon #2 this year, too!
We're going on our first family vacation outside of Canada since 2006.
My parents will mark 30 years married in June.
There's lots to come and lots to learn.

I'm so proud & excited for myself and those around me! 

Happy 2014 everyone, adios 2013! 





































No comments:

Post a Comment